Company Description and SWOT Analysis
This class required me to create a beverage company. I created a company called Fire Diet and we are launching a Powerful Weight Loss Fruit drink called SkinnyPop. Please see the attached document outlining the company. You can use this information to continue building on the companies mission, vision, and details. ***Please note that NAB means non-alcoholic beverage.
This assignment requires you to use your imagination and also research similar companies. In this assignment you must conduct a SWOT (Strength, Weakness, Opportunity, and Threat) analysis for the type of beverage you have selected, and for your company overall. As you work on the assignment, consider why you have chosen one type of non-alcoholic beverage over another and the reasons for that choice. As you complete your SWOT analysis, be sure to include external factors such as industry / market trends and competition, and internal factors such as your capabilities or abilities to reach certain market segments.
Write a three page paper, in which you:
1. Explain the significance on Fire Diet.
2. Develop your revised company’s Mission Statement and provide a rationale for its components.
– Hints: Use the Statement of Mission template on pp. 72-73 on the course textbook: Successful Business Plan to aid your development. Click here for help accessing a specific page number in your eBook.
– Extracting appropriate information from the NAB company portfolio, where applicable. You should fill in other required items in the template using your personal preferences.
3. Describe the trends in the non-alcoholic beverage industry, especially the specific type of beverage category you have chosen. Justify at least three (3) reasons why you have chosen this type of non-alcoholic beverage.
– Hints: Research and outline beverage industry trends. Consider the size and growth rate of the industry overall and the specific beverage type you have chosen. Use the worksheet in the course text (p. 88 | Past and Future Growth of Your Industry) to help you project the future growth rate. Consider the use of industry associations and search engines to find reliable, recent data.
4. Choose one (1) strategic position from the course text (pp. 142–143) that you believe is the best strategic position for your company. Explain the approach you will use to implement this strategic position in order to distinguish your beverage from other non-alcoholic beverages.
5. Provide an overview of your company’s distribution channels. Explain the manner in which your product will reach end users. Provide a rationale for your chosen method.
– Hints: For example, will you sell your beverage in grocery stores, restaurants, or sports venues? If so, describe the types of resellers and distributors who will sell to resellers and fulfill their orders. If you are attempting to sell direct-to-consumers, such as online via a monthly subscription, how will you manage warehousing / fulfillment / shipping?
6. Outline at least three (3) types of risks (including any regulatory risks) that your business faces. Describe your company’s plan to mitigate such risk.
– Hints: You may refer to the types of risk listed in the course text (pp. 148–149) as well as any risks not listed in the text. Regulation weighs more heavily on beverage and food businesses than many other types of companies, so be certain to consider any regulatory risks your type of beverage faces. For example, what kind of regulation and / or risks are you likely to face if you make health claims about your beverage?
7. Develop a SWOT analysis for your NAB company using the SWOT matrix worksheet in the course text (p. 153 | SWOT: Strengths / Weaknesses / Opportunities / Threats)
– Hints: What are your company’s likely strengths? Have you chosen a beverage segment that is growing and lacks an entrenched competitor? Are you in a niche market that has great potential? What are the strengths that you and other team members bring to your company? Do you or other team members have previous experience in the food and beverage industry?
– Hints: What are your company’s likely weaknesses? Is the competition in your industry segment entrenched? Is your own management team inexperienced? Will it be challenging to actually produce your product and maintain quality?
– Hints: What are your company’s opportunities? Does your segment have more demand than supply? Have larger corporations stopped serving smaller or niche markets that you could enter? Is a new market emerging because of demographics, immigration, changing tastes?
– Hints: What are your company’s threats? Is there a clear market leader that will be hard and expensive to displace? Are downward-pricing pressures in the segment making profit margins slim? Are there little or no barriers-to-entry for new competitors; if you have a novel idea that succeeds, can the competition easily enter your market? If you have a global aspect to your company, do factors such as currency fluctuations, political instability, offshoring or outsourcing pose threats?
The company name is Fire Diet and we are launching a Powerful Weight Loss Fruit drink called SkinnyPop. The drink is available is Strawberry, Cherry, and Tropical Fruit in cases of 30. The drink features C. canephora robusta which helps to promote maximum weight lost and helps to increase metabolism, while giving you energy throughout the day.
The mission of Fire Diet is to promote a healthy way of living through weight lost and building stamina.
SkinnyPop was created for busy individuals who may not have a lot of time throughout the week to exercise, and need an extra boost for their weight-lost. We want to ensure you get through your busy day and still meet your weight lost goals. SkinnyPop give amplified energy, increased stamina and enhanced focus. For weight loss and/or a controlled appetite, drink a full serving 15 minutes prior to your main meals, never exceeding three serving per day. If this program is used in conjunction with drinking at least 8 glasses of water, a sensible diet and exercise program, you will see results within the first 30 days. SkinnyPop is the best tasting, easiest, and most incredible weight lost drink in the market!
A mission statement explains the company’s reason for existence. It describes the company, what it does and its overall intention. The mission statement supports the vision and serves to communicate purpose and direction to employees, customers, and vendors.
A vision statement describes the organization as it would appear in a future successful state. A vision statement should challenge and inspire employees to meet the goal and mission of the organization.