Final Project Program Evaluation
Final Project Program EvaluationYour Final Project Program Evaluation must be written in standard edited English. Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this week’s Learning Resources and additional scholarly sources as appropriate. Refer to the Essential Guide to APA Style for Walden Studentsto ensure that your in-text citations and reference list are correct. See the rubric for additional requirements related to research and scholarly writing.
Throughout the past few weeks, you have been working on the many components of your Community Needs Assessment. You identified the top health problems in your community to propose a local health initiative. Then, you conducted a detailed SWOT analysis for your initiative. This week, you propose a pilot program to evaluate your initiative.
For this Assignment, in 4 pages design a pilot program and evaluation to address community needs for your Final Project initiative proposal. In your Assignment, be sure to include the following items:
• Description of your proposed program that you developed in Weeks 3 and 6
• Description of your proposed pilot program
o Describe a small scale program that will help to determine the feasibility of your final project
o Describe how many participants, staff, volunteers, and organizations will be involved
• Description of your proposed evaluation of the pilot program including a tool (Six Sigma, TQM, etc…) to improve the proposed piloted processes
o You may also develop a survey, use focus groups, or interviews for the evaluation process
• Description of what other health care organizations and/or nongovernmental organizations have done to address your initiative
This page contains the Learning Resources for this week. Be sure to scroll down the page to see all of this week’s assigned Learning Resources.
Note: Most journal articles for this course are available online through the Walden Library databases, unless linked directly in the classroom. The Course Readings List contains all of the required Walden Library resources for this course. Please click on the following link to access the applicable list for this course: https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/mmha6200
• Dunn, L. (2014). 6 questions to evaluate population health initiatives. Becker’s Hospital Review.Retrieved from https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/healthcare-blog/6-questions-to-evaluate-population-health-initiatives.html
Dunn, L. (2014). 6 questions to evaluate population health initiatives. Retrieved from https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/healthcare-blog/6-questions-to-evaluate-population-health-initiatives.html. Reprinted by permission of Becker’s Healthcare.
• Dunn, L. (2014). 6 types of population health interventions. Becker’s Hospital Review. Retrieved fromhttps://www.beckershospitalreview.com/hospital-physician-relationships/6-types-of-population-health-interventions.html
• CDC. (2015). About Population Health. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dph/
• CDC. (2015). Measuring Population Health Outcomes. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/pcd/issues/2010/jul/10_0005.htm
• Nash, D. (2016). Population Health: Creating a culture of wellness. Salsbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett
Chapter 16, “ Making the Case for Population Health Management: The business Value of a Healthy Workforce”