One of the best ways to recognize the extent of a norm is to break it. In this assignment, you must break a norm. This breach must be done in a public forum. You will be writing an essay about your experiment, in which you must be sure to answer all of the questions listed in this assignment.
Begin by choosing which type of norm you want to break. You may break a norm that results in a negative sanction (for example, ridicule, or exclusion). On the other hand, you may also break a norm that results in a positive sanction (extra attention, thanks, etc.).
1. Is it a formal norm or an informal one?
2. What reactions by others do you expect?
3. If published, might these reactions affect your life chances?
4. How do you think you will feel after the reactions?
Break the norm. Once you have broken the norm, note the reactions of others.
1. What are the reactions of others?
2. How did the reactions affect you?
3. How do these reactions strengthen the norm?
4. What did you learn about yourself in the breaching of the norm?
Do NOT break a norm that has anything to do with your instructor or any school connection.
2. Do NOT break the law!
Your final submission should be at least one page in length. As always, use APA formatting. Pay special attention to the proper citation of Internet resources